|Quest-giver:|| Ji Wen Ja |
|Reward:|| 4-6 EXP |
|Next quest:||n/a (Main storyline continues)|
Speak to either Ji Wen Ja sitting at his booth outside the Golden Temple, or Lu Fang inside the Red Dragon. They will claim they used to work together as assassins, but grew to distrust one another as the years passed. On their last job, they took their reward and locked it away for safe keeping. Though both have a key, one does not work without the other. They both want the other dead, and the second key so they may take the money for themselves.
- Talk to either man.
- Raise the money reward to 80%. (optional)
- Kill either man. (optional)
- Persuade the two to become friends again. (optional)
- Speak to the survivor.
- Quest Complete.
There are two methods for completing this quest, and three depending on the currently installed patch.
- Talk to both Ji Wen Ja and Lu Fang, each time raising the percentage of the fledgling's cut. Eventually, it will reach 80% and they won't go further. Now kill one of them and give the key to the other for up to $1000 in the unofficial plus patch, or $960 in any other patch. (4XP, Humanity Loss)
- With at least 7 points in the Persuasion feat, the fledgling may convince the two to reconcile their differences. (6XP, Humanity Gain) Speak to either again to receive another point in Humanity.
- There is a way to get both 6XP and $1000. First, proceed as normal and get both of them to 80%. Then convince Ji Wen Ja to become friends to close the quest. (6XP, Humanity Gain) Then kill him ( Humanity Loss) and take his key. Visit Lu Fang and give him the key. This re-opens the quest. Talk to him again to get $1000. Either leave now or kill him in the bathroom without penalty. This doesn't work in reverse, as Ji Wen Ja does not initiate conversation after becoming friends, disabling the option to give him the key. (This exploit has been fixed in both the unofficial plus patch and the unofficial basic patch.)