- "Malkavians are, uh... interesting. There's something to them. Learning to sort the wisdom from the bullshit can be some work and, uh, not all of them are worth listening to, but, uh, they're all good fun if you ask me."
- ―Bertram Tung
The Malkavians are one of the seven playable clans in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Malkavians are all clinically insane; the mental illnesses they suffer range from schizophrenia to near-catatonia. Strangely enough, they are a pillar of the Camarilla; historically they've been Kindred's seers and oracles, bound by strange insight and compulsions.
- Disciplines: Dementation (unique to this clan), Auspex, Obfuscate.
- Advantages: +2 to inspection feat.
- Disadvantages: Penalties to all negotiations, insane.
Malkavians carry the curse of madness, each childe gaining a degree of insanity after embrace. Their unhinged minds of the norm allow them to see things other kindred cannot, a trait often referred to as 'Gift of Insight'.
A Malav's level of madness varies; no two Kindred of the clan seem to be the same, from emotionless sociopaths to raving lunatics and everything in between. Their blood can also pass this madness onto their Ghouls, twisting their mind and personality from the moment they ingest the red liquid.
- Malkavians are known as the hardest Vampire to play without having a past experience of playing 'Bloodlines' because of their unusual and twisted dialogue options. It is extremely easy for the Player to misinterpret what an option means.
- It is possible for the Player, when playing as a Malkavian, to guess future outcomes of events because of their 'Gift of insight'. An example of this would be how the Malkavian Player calls both Jeanette and Therese 'daughter of ', the roman god with two faces upon one body.
- When playing as a Malkavian, it is not unusual for the Player to be able to hear ghostly voices whispering in the background as they hear new NPCs talk for the first time. They usually just give faint commentary that cannot be acted upon. An example would be when you first speak to Prince LaCroix, as he speaks, you will hear a voice say 'Liar' but there is no dialogue option to comment on this.
- When first speaking to Jeanette, a voice can be heard saying 'a trick with two tongues' as she speaks.
- Malkavians seem to have a trait of Protagonist and Jeanette's eyes are of two different colours. . Both the Malkavian